Like many working moms, my goal is to provide my kids with the best possible childhood. Making more money, and using that money to provide them with what they need, is one way to help them make great memories. For me, I have a business to supplement my day job. As you know, the primary source of income from that business is being a social media influencer and that all started with me becoming a blogger.
This coming weekend I will be attending Bloggy Con 2018. I'm excited to have been selected to be a "Squad Leader" in a breakout session intended for new bloggers. As I thought about the information I want to share with that group, I came across some notes from a prior conference.
|On Lake Erie at Hotel Breakers Cedar Point, conference location|
If you're familiar with the social media influencer community, you probably know that Claudia Krusch is "killing the game"! Below are some tips from her about how to improve your blog. I plan to share some of these tips with my squad. Be sure to stop by!
Ten Tips to Taking Your Blog to The Next Level
In order to perfect my craft, I sometimes attend blogging conferences. Last year, I attended Bloggy Con 2016. One session that I was very interested in was "Monetizing Using Social Media Channels" that was presented by the amazing Claudia Krusch of "The Trendy Latina" (Claudia has actually spent time with Oprah Winfrey, the personal branding queen herself. That means I'm just one degree of separation from Oprah. I am claiming an Oprah meeting sometime in the next 18 months. Hold me accountable!). Back to business, Claudia's session could have also been entitled, "How to Take Your Blog to The Next Level" because it was so rich with information. What I learned is listed below:
- Know who you are and the image you want to portray.
- Have unique content.
- Develop a blogging network that network can help you build your following.
- Pay attention to what brands want.
- Have a specific social media strategy for each channel. Apparently, Instagram is the hotness right now.
- Don't pursue perfection to a fault. Natural looking images on Instagram get lots of likes!
- Celebrate what makes you happy on social media, you might get a nice surprise. Claudia got a Michael Kors watch as a surprise because of a post. I got an iPad from Xfinity
- If you want to make money, you need to collaborate with brands.
- Build your following on each channel.
- Be authentic! Remember, nobody can do you better than you can. So, be inspired by other bloggers approach to blogging, but perfect your own voice!
|Me with Claudia Krusch|
Being a Social Influencer Can Expand Your World in Many Ways
A lot of attention has been given to social media influencers in the news lately. The truth is this. Social media is a way to elevate your personal brand and to open doors for you and your family to do some cool things. Social media is a way to supplement your income and make your life more fun. And, if you're committed to putting in the work, like Claudia, Elayna Fernandez, Tonia Sanders, and some other cool moms I know, you can take your social media game to the next level and have it be your full time source of income. In a word, this thing can be whatever you'd like it to be!